Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Playing llfe by ear ... No regrets eh?

I'm getting anxious. My findernails are nubs, I've gained too much winter weight and I'm tired of my own cooking. As much as I love the snow and how beautiful it is and how much fun it is to play in and shovel, and plow and mop up off the floors, I am really getting cabin fever. So today I begin planning our summer sabatical. From the Redwood Forests to the Inside Passage, a long, lean ride of a lifetime. I'm talking three-wheelin it. I have a classic 1988 Goldwing 1500 with a Motor Trike conversion on it and I Loooove my hot ride. There is so much more to experience straddling a leather seat; wind in my hair, bugs on my windshield, rain in my face and all those other motorcyle cliches. They are all true by the way.
..... However, I feel there needs to be a theme to guide us. How insane would it be just to hit the open road and play life by ear? Last year it was National Parks, I love our National Parks. I feel we need to enjoy them while they last because they are not always going to be there. What else isn't going to be here in ten or thirty years that I will regret not seeing if I don't go?
.....Twelve weeks and counting, who else would like to go or ride along the way?

No comments: